"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Monday, August 16, 2010

Update on Isla Frances and Happy 27th Birthday to Me!

This was the BEST BIRTHDAY YET!!!

It started out just wonderful because we had Isla's 4 month check up. I always look forward to her check ups because there is nothing cooler than going to the Doctor and having her tell you that your little one is perfect and perfectly healthy! I am so blessed to have such a healthy girl. Before she was born, I prayed over every part of her body and I feel like God answered my prayers so abundantly. I also love going to the Doctor and getting an update on all of Isla's stats! So here goes:

Weight: 15 lbs 1.5 oz, 75th percentile
Height: 25.5 in, 90th percentile
Head Circumference: 16.5 in, 50th percentile

I can honestly say that I never in 1 million years dreamed that I would have a baby that was ever in the 90th percentile on height. Of course that could easily change over time, but just the fact that she's in the 90th percentile even once is crazy to me. When I was a little girl we lived in the Netherlands and they are the tallest people in the world. I think the men average 6'1''. When my mom would take me to the Doctor I wasn't even on their charts because I was so small compared to them. Isla's height statistics just leave me totally in awe of God... he just totally surprises me sometimes. I wonder if she will be a tall person... I can't wait to find out.

Isla looks a little confused in this picture! She is also wearing her His Gem outfit that Elysha got her, I LOVE it! I have been dying to get her clothes from there.
Nick came to the Doctor's appointment with me and then we went to lunch at Chic-Fil-A. I hung out with my family for the rest of the day and then we went to Mellow Mushroom for dinner. I love Mellow Mushroom, they have booths with your own private TV! Sometimes when I want to treat Nick I take him there and let him watch sports. ("Something most people do in their living rooms" - My Mom) I would like to add that its a mutual decision that we still use Rabbit Ears, and even a little more Nick than me.


Later on that evening we came home for my favorite kind of cake, yellow with home made chocolate frosting! It was so good... oh I love it so. Yummmm...

So I know I haven't really captured the magic of my birthday on blogger, but like all birthdays, its was just magical. I love birthdays and I love celebrating them and I have always felt like August 16 just had a magical sound to it. You know, I feel like 27 is dangerously close to 30, but I really don't care. My life gets better as I get older, and I hope it continues that way. I would never, ever want to go back to a time without Nick or Isla. God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews