"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Our 4th of July (Told in Isla's Outfits)!!!

So I have already confessed to my first random, canNOT let it go, obsession since Isla was born, her suitcase. The second was selecting her 4th of July outfit. This one is a little bit more understandable since I knew that the 4th would be the first time that she met most of our extended family. I had dreams of an adorable little smocked outfit covered in flags with a cute, cute matching bow! Well, I shopped and shopped and shopped, and the only outfit that I could find that really fit the bill was about $75. That was too much to spend, even to satisfy my obsession. So I shopped some more, and they had some precious outfits at Janie and Jack that I also dubbed too expensive, so I finally settled on a cute, but inexpensive outfit from Gymboree and that was supposed to be IT, done and done. Well… I kept finding more and more inexpensive outfits in red, white and blue that I just could not pass up. Then I went to Janie and Jack the 2nd of July and all of their red, white and blue outfits were on sale and I ended up buying the outfit I had been admiring, plus a few more…

By the time it was all said and done, I had probably spent a bit more than $75 and Isla had the following wardrobe for her 4th of July Weekend:

  1. Top with bloomers
  2. 2 Rompers
  3. 1 Dress
  4. 1 Bow with (interchangeable) White and Navy Headbands
  5. 2 Red, White and Blue swimsuits
  6. 3 Hats
  7. 2 Bibs
  8. 1 Pair of Pants
  9. 1 Long Sleeved Onesie
  10. A Red, White and Blue Short Sleeved Onesie, bought specifically so that she would have something festive to sleep in between the 3rd of July and the 4th of July

And I am not sure how I finished her wardrobe without majorly indulging in my final obsession, one that can never be sated, BIG 4th of July bows. She did get one bow, but my one regret is that I didn’t get more or at least a really, really big one. Sigh.

Is it a touch ridiculous, but it made for a fun weekend for me J, and everyone else who was lucky enough to witness the spectacle. Plus, it will help me to narrate our very FUN 4th of July weekend.

2 comments:

  1. wow. That's all I can say. j/k I bet she looked adorable in all those fabulous outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fabulous, I can hardly stand it!!!!! Happy 4th

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews