"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Saturday, July 24, 2010

iPhone you all the time...

My Sprint contract was finally up (thank you Lord!) so it was time to get a new phone. If anyone remembers this sad, sad day (seriously - if that is the worst that happens in my life, I must be pretty darn blessed) then you would know that we decided to just endure the phone below until my contract expired. We were originally holding out for uVerse, but I had decided that if uVerse wasn't available in our area by the time my Sprint contract expired then I was getting a phone anyway.

It has been tough going the past few months. I mean put yourself in my shoes - unable to surf the web from my phone, unable to send and/or receive picture mail, and texting on this thing was a nightmare... and the reception, puh-lease! If you have a received a text message at all from me the past few months then consider yourself my good buddy because it took forever to type a simple message, and I have a hard time using abbreviated web spelling. I can't bring myself to do it!

I am so glad that I did not get a phone in April because at the time I remember vehemently declaring that I did not want a smart phone and I did not want to be soooo plugged in all the time! This was before I was without internet for over a month. This was before I had a beautiful little angel baby who I constantly want to share pictures and/or videos of. So over the past few months I have been slowly changing my mind until I finally decided that I wanted to just spend the money and get an iPhone.
This is a big step for me because I have only ever taken the free phone!!! So now you can count on hearing from me much more than you would like via Facebook status updates and/or pictures of Isla when I am out and about, frequent and verbose text messages, and lots and lots of videos and phone calls. :)

Are you starting to regret that Apple ever came out with an iPhone? Probably. I bet the only people who are excited are Cookie and Boo!

1 comment:

  1. I love my iphone!!! I also have a hard time with "text" short cuts . . . "c u l8r" just feels wrong to me. enjoy your phone.

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews