"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Sunday, June 20, 2010

NOLA Nights (and Days)!

Last week we went to downtown New Orleans TWO times. The second time was extra awesome because we went for a conference for Nick and we got to stay at a very nice hotel in the French Quarter for TWO nights. Can I just say it was heaven? I never appreciated hotel living until I owned my home and now its the best! It was really weird getting a hotel to stay in a place because it was far away (according to Nick's boss) that I used to drive to every single day! I am so glad that I am not making that commute anymore.

It was also an opportunity to put Isla's suitcase to good use! For some reason, I had been dying to buy her her own suitcase... don't ask me why I was so fixated on it. I almost didn't get her one because I thought it was not a necessity, and I even mentioned it to Nick... who sure enough said that it was the silliest thing he had ever heard... getting a baby her own suitcase, PLEASE! I agreed and thought that I was being impractical until we actually went to Texas with her over Memorial Day weekend and that little girl needed more luggage space than the two of us combined! So I used the $100 that my precious Mother-In-Law, Isla's Boo, sent me to spend on something fun for her, and I got her this adorable, personalized suitcase!
Here we are in Jackson Square! I did not get any pictures with her on Bourbon street. Both times I almost did, but then I changed my mind. I'm not sure if it was the stench that kept us moving or not wanting to have documented evidence that I stood in front of the Hustler Hollywood club with my 7 week old, but I think I made the right choice! By the way, I am holding her in the Maya Wrap my sister-in-law bought us, and I highly recommend it. They are awesome, and it is the new present that I am going to get all of my pregnant friends.
Here she is being held by Nick in Cafe Du Monde. We really need to work on her getting her face in the shots!

Where do you eat when you are staying in a town with some of the best restaurants in the world? Why Arby's of course! This is what Dave Ramsey calls having too much month at the end of your money :). We had to eat cheap, which I didn't mind. It's worth it to stay home with my Angel. By the way, as we were walking her up and down Canal Street some guy stopped us and asked us "How much for that baby?" Evidently this is what passes for humor in downtown NOLA, which reminded me yet again why we rarely make it to the Southshore!
Little Miss Isla likes hotel living too! She slept over 7 hours both nights and took deep naps. I could NOT get her up from this nap. Gosh I love this little angel...
We also met with my coworkers for lunch, but I forgot to get pictures...

6 comments:

  1. a) I'm glad to know someone else gets obsessed with "silly" things, b) the suitcase is precious, and c) OMG, babies do need so much stuff when they travel!! It's amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture with her mouth wide open, think she gets it from her cousin Aiden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's all so cute! I'd honestly never thought about the suitcase thing, but I'm totally on board :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Addison sleep great when we are on the go too!! Yall have the same Baby Bjourn as us! She is soooooooooo cute!!! I love it!!! I am so glad to hear she is sleeping 7 hours now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS---We are going out of town for two weeks and I am attempting to pack ALL three of our things in ONE bag! HAHAHA! We shall see how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah that was a little weird. Luckily the only opinion I care about is his Dr. :) She said to let him cry until he figured it out. It meant him missing the first 2 naps that day but by that night he was asleep in 15 minutes and slept for 11 hours. The rest of that week he cried for about 20 minutes each time. 2 weeks later he rarely cries! It's so great to put him down and walk away. Like I said, he was not a calm sleeper. He is so much happier now that he gets more sleep :).

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews