"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Isla Frances is 2 Months Old!

Isla Frances is two months old today!

Where has the time gone??? We are loving every second with this little bundle of cute at the Wann household and it is going by so fast! She celebrated her birth by almost sleeping through the night. I woke up at 5:30 AM thinking... if she makes it to 6, I am calling it "sleeping through the night." Well she only made it to 5:49 AM, but that's ok... she is slowly getting there. She has already slept 7 to 7+ hours 4 times, regularly sleeps 6 hours, and always makes it to at least 5 hours. Even when she does wake up, she is super easy. She eats and then I put her in her bed and she either falls right back to sleep or she puts herself back to sleep. As her Cookie says "This is the kind of baby that could spoil a first time mom!"
She has been so smiley this past week. One day she was my little pensive baby who only smiled every now and then, and the all of a sudden last week she smiles all the time... and not just at her Daddy, at me too! She has also been laughing up a storm. Her Dad said that she has been laughing for two weeks now, but as the keeper of the baby book... it doesn't really happen until Mommy sees it! :)
She is also getting bigger and bigger! I measure her at 12.2 pounds and 23 inches. My scale isn't very accurate, so we'll see what the pediatrician says on Friday. She already pretty much too big for a lot of her 0 to 3 month clothes, and it makes me so, so sad! I can't wait for her to grow up, but I also don't want her to ever change. We do love our little chunky monkey though... as my sister says, "We are a fan of the chunk!"
She is holding her head up pretty much all on her own, and really enjoys time in the Bumbo chair. I think that she is going to be like her mommy in the athletic department. She does not seem to be at all interested in improving her hand/eye coordination as she has shown no interest in reaching for her toys; she spends most of her time smiling at them and talking to them. Maybe she'll be like me and hate sports but love yoga... she can already do a mean cobra pose! Here she is smiling and laughing at her Whoozit toy!
I have never had so much fun in my life!!! I love her so much. We are filled with such joy that its impossible to contain. I thank God every single day for this gift from him. She is just "on loan" to me for a little while and I plan to enjoy every single second. His timing is ALWAYS perfect! The two years that we waited and tried and prayed to get pregnant were so worth it to get this perfect little angel.

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh tooooo cute! I love it!!! She laughed!!! That's so precious!! Addison hasn't laughed yet really just a giggle once or twice so I don't count that. She is a doll!!

    Congratulations on sleeping through the night!!! Yay! We are working on eliminating the dream feeding/late night feeding which is at 1030 at the moment. I think its a little too early but we shall see. I will let ya know how it goes.

    I love seeing your pics! She is so precious. I hope we can jhave a play date soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see her again! She has changed so much since I saw her last week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most precious baby and I can't believe that she is already smiling! I have forgotten when they do what... I know you are enjoying her so much. It's so nice to read the words of a joy-filled mom. I DO want to see her before she is grown. When are you bringing her to Texas. I did a "fly by" to New Orleans a month ago, so no time. Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stori, she looks so much like you! I love it. Thanks for all of the updates! I hope you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I said this on Facebook so I will reiterate it here. She is so cute she makes my eyes hurt. I cannot believe how she has grown. You and Nick are doing a great job. See you soon. Love Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeyeyeyeyey! Congrats Mom and Dad! I know what you mean by 'on loan,' I really do. While I know Henry and I don't have one of our own, it's still crazy to think that you do all of this prep for this sweet little ones just for them to go out on their own. Fortunately, you still have many many many more months with her!!! You guys are doing a great job! Keep it up, and we are so looking forward to meeting her soon! Just a few more weeks :)

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews