"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Few Days of Firsts: Meeting Emily, Pediatrician's Visit, and Family Walk

Isla's Aunt Shawna and her Cookie (my mom) have been visiting for the past few days. If you want to know how we spend most of our time... the picture below says it all. We dress her up in cute things and take pictures of her and stare at her! Here she is in another precious outfit from her Boo (Nick's mom) on a special blanket that Mommy bought her. She is such a sweet little angel baby and only cries when she's hungry.
Thursday was a very eventful day full of visitors! The most important one was my best friend Emily who came in from Houston to visit her sister Jessica who is also a dear friend and lives nearby. Emily got to come and meet Isla for the first time. Emily has a little girl Annelise and is pregnant with her second! Here is a picture of the three of us with our girls. That's me on the left with Isla, Jessica in the middle with Avery, and Emily on the right with Annie.

Friday we took Isla to her first pediatrician's visit. I always knew she was a strong baby, and she passed with flying colors. She is in the 50th percentile for height, weight and head circumference, and at 7 lbs 9.5 oz, she's already almost back up to her birth weight. Her Doctor said she looked so good that she could skip her 2 week appointment and go straight to her 1 month! That made me so happy and calmed all of my worries about whether or not she was getting enough breast milk and sleeping enough. Here she is below all dressed up and waiting to be taken to the Docs.

Finally, this morning we went on our first family walk... sans Frodo who was NOT happy to be left behind! It felt good to get out in the sunshine and walk, eventhough we only went 1/2 mile. I'm hoping we can go again tonight and see how we do.
I am loving being a mommy to this precious angel!

6 comments:

  1. Stori you look GREAT! I cannot get over how precious she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Isla look great! I am so glad to read about the weight gain...relief huh? Looks like yall are having fun already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh she so looks like you ALREADY! I love it. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps: I know you'll "poo-poo" this but I look huge! Major dieting time! I think I'll start my food diary blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the newsy update! yes, that baby is strong, like her mom and dad! Bruce

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews