"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Empire Building

As I mentioned before, I asked for a package in my company's most recent rounds of layoffs. It was actually not bad for layoffs because most of the people who received packages wanted them and had asked for them.

Well yesterday was my last day! It was sad because I am going to miss working for a great company and with smart, wonderful people, but I know it was for best. The truth is, I have never been "career ambitious". I love to work, and I LOVE the Oil and Gas industry, but I never see myself as a career woman. Here is a picture of Nick and I at our dinner last night celebrating our new big chapter in our lives :), isn't he so handsome? I know I'm biased, but I do just love his face. And those DIMPLES (oh my!), I hope the Wannton inherits those!

I alluded to a few more things that God had done for us in my Big News 2010 post, but I didn't want to say anything until things were more certain. Well, I have been lucky enough to be given the opportunity to continue to work part time in Oil and Gas and from home once the Wannton comes! It sounds kind of silly to love O&G, especially in our new "green world"... well I'll talk about that more later, but honestly, I have always been proud to be a part of supplying energy to people and industries, which is always a good thing. This work will be roughly 10 hours a week, after a 3 month hiatus to get to know the Wannton, and I can quit at any time if I don't think I can handle it. I think I will LOVE it, but my first priority will always be my home and family.

So, even though I may not be "career woman ambitious" I still have a lot of ambitions.

My first big ambition is to have a happy marriage. I love my husband, and I know that by following rules for marriage laid out by the Author and Creator of marriage, we will be successful! "Has not the LORD made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his." The Bible says that woman was literally created for man to be his "life saver." Wow, what a huge responsibility and I take it very seriously. I am my husbands life saver! He needs me, I just love that :).

My second big ambition is to raise children who love their Lord. "And what does [the LORD] want? Godly children from your union." I have no idea how to do this! I just have to turn them over to Him and let Him raise them :).

Lastly, in building our Wann Empire :), I want all of my endeavors, at home with my family, in my investments, and in my work to be an offering to Him and used to expand His Empire :). You know, not everyone may want to know Him, and that's fine. No body forces anyone to get to know their Creator, but I at least want everyone to have the opportunity to get to know him, and there are BILLIONS of people world wide who have never even heard of Jesus.

So... I may not be a working woman anymore, but I would still say that I am ambitious :).

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on this new adventure! Praying blessings over you guys and can't wait to hear whether it is a boy or girl. Either way, the baby is blessed to have a mommy and daddy who love God first, each other second and then the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Che! I'll keep everyone posted :).

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews