"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Monday, April 12, 2010

40 Weeks and No Wannton!

We just got back from the Doctor, and initially I came out of it very disheartened.

Good news: I am 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced and the baby has dropped from -3 to -2! That's a lot of progress with no pain or discomfort :).

Bad News: My Doctor told me that he wanted to induce the Wannton in the next day or two because he is really thinking the baby is over 8 lbs at this point, and he thinks that's a little too big for me. Beyond that he was thinking most definite C-Section. He actually wanted us to go in TONIGHT!!! We managed to finagle a Wednesday at 6:00 am induction. I figure we'll watch a little Lost and get a good nights rest :).

I actually doubt that the baby will be over 8 lbs and that I wouldn't be able to have a vaginal delivery... but there's a reason that he's the Doctor. Plus he has delivered over 7000 babies to my ZERO, so I am going to trust him even if it means not having the birth that I want.

As I mentioned I was disheartened because inducement was the last thing I wanted, but you know what? I still have over 24 hours to go into labor on my own, and that is what Nick and I will be praying for.

Plus, I remembered all of God's victories so far in this pregnancy.

1. We conceived finally after years of trying without fertility drugs, just by trusting in God's word.
2. My pregnancy has been so easy and healthy with minimal discomfort to me. All of my check ups everything is perfect, down to not being anemic which only 1 in 10 pregnant women are not anemic.
3. How awesome is it that I am 4 cm dilated? Thank you LORD! My Doctor thinks he/she will come fast, although not as fast as Bobby Jindal's wife.
4. Our baby is BIG and healthy and probably really, really good looking :).

So I am not disheartened or nervous anymore! This is the Lord's baby, and its all in his hands. But I would like to request that anyone who reads this will be praying that we go into labor on our own.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." ~ Joshua 1:9

7 comments:

  1. I love you! Please keep us all posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. Joshua 1:9, is one of favorite verses of all time (thought picking a single verse of God's word might be kind of liking picking favorites amongst your children). Nonetheless, praying for all three of you!! Can't wait for the meet the wannton post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying over you guys right now. Praying for a successful delivery in whatever way God sees fit. Can not wait to see pictures of your precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I didnt know you had a BLOG!!! I am terrible!!! I hope the induction goes well! I will say some prayers today. You will do great even if you induce---the goal is healthy baby and mommy. And not to worry, my 4 hours of pushing a week and half ago is RARE, like one in a million. You got this! Also, look at it this way if he is big, that is sooner he will sleep through the night. Addison would go through the night already if I let her!! We let her go for 5 hour chunks at night, which is AMAZING sleep now :)

    Cant wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will pray for you Stori! Leave it in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have had TWO big, healthy, good looking babies that became engineers. btw they were both induced. Our thoughts and prayers are with you! Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Wannton are in my prayers until I hear everyone is safe!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews