"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Sweet Little Birdy Shower

I had my second Houston shower on March 6th! It was thrown for my by my darling sister :). Isn't she cute?


This shower was primarily for family and old family friends, and it ended up being such a lovely time. I think its because everyone already knew one another or had met one another before, so everyone got to play catch up!

I thought that Shawna did the most beautiful job decorating and you can tell she just had fun with the bird theme. I have been kind of obsessed with birds and owls lately, and I just can't get enough of them. I keep toying with the idea of figuring out a name that has Birdy for a nickname if the baby is a girl (Bridget?), but Nick keeps shooting me down! Its probably for the best...

Also, we got to use my china for the first time ever in 5 years except for one time when I cooked Nick a fancy dinner! I LOVE my china, but I've never hosted a formal enough occasion to use it. We combined my set and Shawna's set and it just gave the whole party such a fancy feel.

My one complaint... worst shower game ever! They forced me to wear an apron laden with baby things, and I was in heels and pregnant and it was heavy. Then I took it off and the person who could remember the most items won. It was sort of a cute game... except for the heavy, heavy apron.

This was the cake! Isn't it cute? Which "Wann" will it be... get it???


This was part of the decorations and also the party favor. The guests had to take a blue or pink candle depending on whether or not they thought the baby was going to be a boy or a girl. I love that Shawna got both of our baby pictures! Nick was such a chunky monkey :).

2 comments:

  1. That cake looks awesome! And congrats on using your china; we have never used ours. In fact, it's in Houston. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews