"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Monday, January 4, 2010

BIG NEWS 2010!

Happy 2010! I have to say that 2009 was the absolute fastest year of my life. Time goes faster the older you get, but I don't ever want a year to pass that fast again! I feel like my life is slipping by... it may have gone fast because it was wonderful!

First, I have some news. Its an absolute blessing, and I feel almost guilty that God has provided for Nick and me so well when I know how hard things are for other people in this economy. My current company, we'll call it "Big Oil Co" is going through a bit of a transition and they have offered voluntary severance packages to their employees. Nick and I agonized over whether or not to volunteer for it, but I decided to go for it. Just to be clear, asking for it, does not mean that you are guaranteed to receive it, so I had been on pins and needles waiting for an answer. Over Christmas break, I received a call from my boss informing my that I had been approved!

Its such a blessing for so many reasons:
1) "Big Oil Co" wants me to work until March 31st, which is when I was planning on leaving for maternity leave as baby is due April 12th!
2) The severance package is a lot more than I would have received with maternity leave, even with the Income Protection Insurance!
3) My position will be filled soon, and I will have time to work with my replacement before I go. This means that my team won't be without me for up to 6 months, so it will be less disruptive to them.
4) Best of all, I get to be home with my baby :).

I was on the fence about whether or not to quit when the baby came. I had committed to staying with my current team until November 2010, and I felt like I needed to at least finish that out. But, I commute 2 to 2 1/2 hours EACH DAY to work, and my work days are 10 hours... that felt like too much time away from the Wannton, even if it was just until November. It was a burdensome decision, the financial pressure wasn't there, but its difficult to juggle obligations that you feel towards your family and your coworker. This is a way for me to leave without any guilt that I am not fulfulling my obligations. God has just poured out his blessing upon Nick and me and I am so grateful!

It seems like there's a bible verse to go with that one... "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it." ~Malachi 3:10, or "Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" ~Matthew 7:9-11.

He is the giver of good and perfect gifts and I love him so. How great is the love he has lavished on me!

Ok, I'll stop being so maudlin and spare you :), but he's done a few more things for us that I can't mention just yet...I'm beginning to think 2010 may be the best one yet!

LOVE,
Stori

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear what the other blessings are!! :)
    Im so excited and happy for you! Bring on the play-dates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing – congratulations! Communiting that much is killer; I'm really glad you decided to take the package and got approved. Yay for 2010 blessings!

    P.S. I got a job!!! I'll be editor for America's Most Wanted's Web site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHH!!! I am so excited for you:). I knew something would come along, and what a great job! I am going to check it everyday and tell everyone I know that I know the editor of the America's Most Wanted Website :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yey Stori! That's great great news!

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews