"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."

Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Spoiled Little Wannton

I'm beginning to think that all my mom does is sit around and shop for and/or make things for our little Wannton. Not that I'm complaining, I love that my sweet baby is so loved already. She's done a few really special things, and so far my favorite is that she completely refurbished my old rocking horse!!! She restained it, redid the eyes and ears, the leather harness, and the hair, and now what do you think of the end result?



As of tomorrow, I will be 16 weeks already! Can you believe it? I can hardly believe that it is passing by so quickly. My little countdown clock is already down to 168 days, and I remember when I couldn't wait for it to get down to below 200.

One of the reasons why I have been kind of MIA from the blog scene is that last week I was very sick with a virus. Thankfully it wasn't the flu or strep, but I still had to take an entire week of off work because your immune system is very weak when you are pregnant, and then this week has been so busy as I tried to play catch up at work! Then I had a class to take for work that went through today (Sunday) and its back to work tomorrow, so needless to say, I am pooped.

When I was sick, I thought that the Doctors would try to limit the medication, but oh my, they DID NOT! It was crazy. They told me to alternate Advil and Tylenol every 4 hours, then they reduced it to 3 hours. Then they prescribed me a Z-Pack. Then they told me to alternate Sudafed and Claritan every four hours. Then they told me to take Robitussin for my cough on top of all of that! I didn't really end up taking it all because I can handle a stuffy nose and a cough. I did keep taking Advil and Tylenol because its really important to keep your temperature down, but I only took the other stuff occasionally to help with sleep.

And tomorrow, its back to the old grindstone... I need to take it easy or else I'll make myself sick all over again! Why haven't all Gulf of Mexico oil and gas operations ceased for my pregnancy? :)

3 comments:

  1. I don't think the horse photographed very well, and yes he/she is loved so much by all of us already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow these posts did not show up on my feed! BOO BLOGGER.

    I love what your mom did to the horse! So very special and cute. I can't wait until my mom gets to pull out all of my baby shoes she saved that are even hanging on this hilarious, baby-sized shoe rack. Too much.

    And I'm very glad you're feeling better. My prego friend here in D.C. got sick in week 10 ... scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful rocking horse! Emily has a similar one. My dad said he would make one for Avery... I hope he hasn't forgotten :)

    ReplyDelete

Pure and Undefiled Religion

Total Pageviews